Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Salma Hayek's Billionaire Hubby Moonlights as Her Stylist


Newlywed Salma Hayek's husband is the CEO of a multibillion dollar fashion empire – but he's not above playing stylist for his wife.

"François was my stylist," Hayek, 42, tells InStyle for its April issue about the champagne Bottega Veneta gown she wore to the Golden Globes. "It was Christmas and I was just overwhelmed with so many things to do. He said, 'Let me help you. How can I help?'

"And I said, 'Well, I have to pick a dress for the Golden Globes,' " Hayek continues, recounting her conversation with hubby François Henri-Pinault, whose company PPR oversees Balenciaga, Gucci and YSL. "So Bottega Veneta sent swatches and sketches, and François worked with the designer Tomas Maier, and he took care of everything."

The two wed in a Valentine's Day ceremony at City Hall in Paris after the InStyle interview was conducted. When asked about her feelings for her husband, the actress was succinct, saying simply: "He's the best."

They couple have an 18-month-old daughter, Valentina, for whom Hayek has equally glowing words.

"She is unique, magical – definitely the most colorful person I've ever met," the actress says. "I feel so connected to her, but at the same time, we are completely different. I discover something new about her every day."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20266039,00.html

No comments: