Monday, March 30, 2009

Katherine Heigl: No Plans to Leave Grey’s


Katherine Heigl, who plays Dr. Izzie Stevens on ABC’s hit medical drama Grey’s Anatomy, says she’s sticking with the series that made her a star — unless producers have other plans.

“I don’t know if I live or die. I don’t know how Izzie fares,” the actress, 30, told the Associated Press at a studio party on March 27 to mark the show’s 100th episode. On Thursday’s episode, Izzie was seen surviving brain surgery.

Calling the set “one of my favorite places to be,” Heigl said “I’m there” if Izzie remains part of Grey’s Anatomy.

There has been widespread speculation that the actress, who starred in the big-screen hit Knocked Up and appears in this summer’s The Ugly Truth, has pushed to leave Grey’s to pursue her film career.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/03/29/katherine-heigl-no-plans-to-leave-greys/

Not true, says Heigl, noting that she plans to work on movie projects during her summer TV hiatus.

“I’m more than happy to make that compromise. As my agent likes to say, ‘High-class problems,’” Heigl said.

No comments: