Thursday, April 23, 2009

Paula Abdul: No One Can Replace Me on 'American Idol'


Call her the unsinkable Paula Abdul. During eight seasons of "American Idol" there have been over 300 episodes filmed, thousands of ambitious contestants judged and jilted, and any number of controversies involving judge Abdul.

The award-winning choreographer and recording artist has helped make "American Idol" the number one show in the U.S., with 20 million people tuning in each week. From week one, Abdul has played the role of the "nice" judge, the person to whom contestants can turn for a kind word when the notoriously tough -- some might even say nasty -- Simon Cowell pounces.

"This is my last season under contract," she told "Nightline" in an exclusive interview. "I love the show, I do. I love what I do on the show and I'm loving it more this season than ever."

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=7354195&page=1

No comments: