Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Chris Brown Speaks Out


ET has confirmed a statement by embattled R&B singer Chris Brown from his publicist:

"Words cannot begin to express how sorry and saddened I am over what transpired. I am seeking the counseling of my pastor, my mother and other loved ones and I am committed, with God's help, to emerging a better person.

"Much of what has been speculated or reported on blogs and/or reported in the media is wrong.

"While I would like to be able to talk about this more, until the legal issues are resolved, this is all I can say except that I have not written any messages or made any posts to Facebook, on blogs or any place else.

"Those posts or writings under my name are frauds," the statement concludes.

The 19-year-old Brown allegedly attacked an unnamed woman the night before both he and reported girlfriend Rihanna were scheduled to perform on the Grammys last Sunday. Later, Rihanna reportedly checked into in Los Angeles hospital to tend to injuries. Brown was subsequently arrested on suspicion of domestic violence and released on $50,000 bail. He may face charges from the district attorney's office.

Feb. 16, 2009, 2:49 PM EST
Entertainment Tonight.

No comments: