Monday, June 01, 2009

'Twilight' Superfans 'Impressed' By 'New Moon' Trailer

The only thing better than watching a hot new video clip is sharing your thoughts on that video with friends. So naturally, when the "New Moon" trailer debuted at the MTV Movie Awards, we were eager to hear the opinions of Twilighters worldwide.

"Aahhhh!!! That was amazing!!!" wrote MTV user Minsen Brook on our site, clearly moved to the point of exclamation-point-key abuse. "I'm going to be an emotional wreck at the movies -- because I cried just watching the trailer!!"

"The fact that they showed, like, the most infamous scene of 'New Moon,' oh my gosh!" marveled popular "Twilight" vlogger Bailey "NoMoreMarbles" Gauthier, who served as a seat filler for the awards and watched the trailer premiere live in the Gibson Amphitheatre. "And Jasper just goes over [to kill Bella]. ... I must say, I was extremely surprised when [Taylor Lautner] turned into the werewolf. I was like, 'Whoa!' "

"I almost fainted when I saw Taylor shirtless," wrote xEmBx on MTV.com. "Can't wait for the rest of the wolfie boys."

"Oh my ... wow. I just have no words," exclaimed HarlequinTwilight. "I am dreading the breakup scene, because in the book, it's so harsh that it makes me cry, and if it's done correctly, I know it will break my heart all over again. Taylor looks ... Oh. Wow. My sister repeatedly rewound the trailer over and over to see Taylor, haha. But wow, he looks amazingly hot!"

Over at the MTV Movies Blog, M!chelle was similarly abusing her exclamation-point and caps-lock keys. "OHMYGOD! I am IMPRESSED! I am so freakin' excited," she wrote. "My mouth was open the whole entire sneak peek! November seems so long away!"

"This is probably one of the most amazing things I've ever seen!" added BookloverbutMoviewatcher.

But despite the warm reception, some fans still found a few tidbits that raised "New Moon" concerns. "Everything is GREAT except the wolf ... it looks too much like a cartoon!" Little Hawk wrote on the blog. "It's almost like Little Red Riding Hood should come out and say, 'I like Twilight too,' as the wolf chases her. Summit, do something, please!"

"The first time I watched it, I was totally disappointed," wrote blog reader Jawaiiannative, saying the trailer exposed too many variations from Stephenie Meyer's novel. "At the party, the other members of the Cullen family hold Jasper back. In the woods, when Edward leaves Bella (*tear*), he was a lot harsher and totally didn't kiss her."

But overall, the positive vibes were definitely flowing toward the "Twilight" stars -- particularly Mr. Taylor Lautner. "OMJB!!! I was already a TEAM JACOB girl, but wow!!!" wrote blog reader Freakyvirgo. "I bet more will convert after this!! Taylor is sooo Jacob!!! The trailer was great."

"I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY JACOB," agreed Biridiana, clearly a Team Jacob member. "DAAAM HE SO YUMMY!"

"The trailer was AMAZING!!!" marveled Idontloveyou on MTV.com. "The paper cut scene is just like I imagined it in the book! Edward shoving Jasper across the room into the piano to protect Bella is AWESOME! Jacob's transformation IS MADE OF WIN! The special effects KICK MAJOR BUTT! I am SO excited! November cannot come sooner!"

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1612998/20090601/story.jhtml

No comments: