Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Adam Lambert ‘proud’ to be gay


And heeeeeee’s out!

“American Idol” runner-up Adam Lambert dished to Rolling Stone that yup, he’s gay.

“I don’t think it should be a surprise for anyone to hear that I’m gay,” the guy-liner-sporting singer told the mag. “I’m proud of my sexuality. I embrace it. It’s just another part of me.”

Lambert, 27, who recently signed a record deal with 19 Records and RCA, said he was tempted to spill the beans right after the popular FOX TV show’s finale but figured he’d wait.

“I thought ‘I’m going to wait for Rolling Stone, that will be cooler,’ ” the San Diegan said. “I didn’t want the Clay Aiken thing and the celebrity magazine (bleep). I need to be able to explain myself in context,” Adam told the mag.

In context?

Although the “AI” contestant is hot for guys, he admitted he rather enjoyed all the gushing gals.

“I loved it this season when girls went crazy for me,” he said. “As far as I’m concerned, it’s all hot.”

As for sharing a room with “Idol” winner, the married Kris Allen, Lambert was happy to do so. Can you say, “bromance?”

“I was like, ‘Oh (bleep) they put me with the cute guy.’ Distracting! He’s the one guy that I found attractive in the whole group on the show: nice, nonchalant, pretty and totally my type - except that he has a wife. I mean, he’s open-minded and liberal but he’s definitely 100 percent straight.”

So just because Lambert is coming out as gay and supports gay marriage doesn’t mean he wants to go all Perez Hilton and be a poster boy for same sex marriage.

“I’m trying to be a singer, not a civil rights leader,” he told Rolling Stone.

You can catch Adam, in person, when the “American Idol 2009 Summer Tour” hits the TD Banknorth Garden Aug. 18.

http://news.bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view/2009_06_10_Adam_Lambert_%E2%80%98proud__to_be_gay/srvc=home&position=recent

No comments: