Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Taylor Lautner Never Had A Dream Like 'Twilight'


On "Oprah" last week, Stephenie Meyer repeated the story about how she got the whole idea for "Twilight" in a dream. That brings up the possibility that there's the potential for such great ideas lurking in the subconscious minds of people everywhere. And we wondered if the stars of "New Moon" also had some budding franchises coming to them in their sleep.

Taylor Lautner said that's not the case for him. "I'm not the best at remembering my dreams," he told MTV News on the red carpet of the "New Moon" premiere in Los Angeles on Monday night. "Or, I'll remember them in the morning when I wake up, but then I completely forget about them."

Regrettably, even the ones he does remember aren't anything like "Twilight." "Definitely not anything close to this," Lautner said.

Last Friday, Meyer told Oprah all about her dream, which eventually became chapter 13 of the first novel. "In the dream it was two people in a circular meadow, and one of them was a sparkly boy and one was just a girl who was human and normal and the boy was a vampire, which was bizarre," she explained.

Meyer also addressed the question of whether she'll continue the "Twilight" saga beyond "Breaking Dawn," which came out last year. "I might do something completely different — I've got to cleanse the palette," she said in bonus footage that didn't air on Friday's show. "I might come back to it. I did envision it as a longer series, but I wrapped up 'Breaking Dawn' in a way that I felt satisfied with."

By Jocelyn Vena, with reporting by Larry Carroll

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1626432/story.jhtml

No comments: